National Dog Day is August 26 and celebrating can be as easy as simple as just spending the day together, but those who want to take it to the next level we’ve come up with 10 ways to help you celebrate.
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter. If you can’t adopt then volunteer or foster! You can also donate blankets, toys, food, and treats.
- Send a dog related gift to friends or family.
- Spend the day taking photos of your dog. This is a great way to improve your photography skills and spend time with your dog.
- Assist the elderly or disabled by walking their dog. Both you and the dog will get a little exercise.
- Buy your dog a new toy or better yet, subscribe to BarkBox so he or she can continue to get new toys every month.
- Give your dog a good brushing or maybe even a bath. Ok, the bath is more for you, but many dogs love to be brushed.
- Give your dog a massage or take them to a doggy massage therapist. Dogs like massages as much as humans.
- Make your dog some homemade treats.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Take your dog to the beach